September is Library Card Sign-Up Month
Celebrate Library Card Sign-Up Month with the Bridgeport Public Library
Why Should I Get a Library Card?
- It’s free for Bridgeport residents!
- You can borrow books, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks, Wi-fi hot spots, tablets for kids and so much more!
- Free access to online databases.
- Stream free movies and music online to your device or desktop.
- Download e-books and magazines to your device or desktop.
- Borrow free or discounted museum passes.
- Free access to library computers and technology.
Why Should I Visit BPL in Person?
- Browse one of the largest collections of books and other materials in the state of Connecticut.
- Use free Wi-Fi to study, work, or read.
- Librarians can assist you by answering questions, giving recommendations, and providing support in your research.
- Attend free classes and programs year-around.
- Explore local history and the archives at the Bridgeport History Center located at the Burroughs-Saden Main Library.
- Besides that you can scan your documents for free, we also offer copying, printing, and faxing services.
- Bring children to read, play, and do homework in the Children’s Room.
- Teens have their own fun and safe space in our Teen Center.
- Because BPL has six library locations and there is a branch near you!
Get Your Library Card Today! We’d love to see you here!
For the library card application click here.