Bridgeport History Center Schedule
Saturday, January 1 - December 31
The History Center is currently open to the public the following hours:
Wednesday: 12:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Thursday: 12:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Saturdays are by appointment only: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. | 12:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. | 2:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
To request a slot on a Saturday:
- Please fill out this form with your preferred time slot(s) and contact information OR give us a call at (203) 576-7400 ext. 7
If you are interested in viewing archival collections, we strongly encourage you to contact us at least 24 hours ahead, so that we may discuss your research interests with you and retrieve selected materials from storage.
We will get back to you ASAP during business hours to confirm your time slot, and to determine what research materials you need.
- Please know what it is you are looking for and be ready to let us know. Are you only using our genealogy databases? Do you need microfilm? Something else? Please let us know. We will be pulling all of your items in advance and are trying to limit how much our staff is moving in between floors during the day, in order to keep both you and them safe.
- The day before your appointment, we will call you again to confirm that you will be in and ensure we have all the material you are looking to use. We will also tell you which door to enter through (see below.)
When you arrive for your appointment:
- One of two doors will be open for you: the researcher entrance or the genealogy entrance. They look like this:
|Materials researcher entrance (across from our display cases)
||Genealogy database entrance|
1. A patron registration form will be provided. We ask that you fill it out.
2. 15 minutes prior to the end of your appointment, we will give you a reminder.
3. You will be expected to leave promptly at the end of your appointment, as we need to clean your research area and prepare for the next researcher within 15 minutes.
4. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com
Thank you very much for your cooperation.
Bridgeport History Center staff