Once you’re here
The Bridgeport Public Library requires masks at all times. Please observe that requirement and any others at the main door as you make your way up to the third floor.
When you arrive for your appointment:
- One of two doors will be open for you: the researcher entrance or the genealogy entrance. They look like this:
|Materials researcher entrance (across from our display cases)
||Genealogy database entrance|
2. We will close the door once you are in, in order to minimize airflow from other parts of the building.
3. A patron registration form will be provided. We ask that you fill it out.
4. We will provide socially distant support as you need.
5. 15 minutes prior to the end of your appointment, we will give you a reminder.
6. You will be expected to leave promptly at the end of your appointment, as we need to clean your research area and prepare for the next researcher within 15 minutes.
7. Please be kind with our staff, especially if we ask you to repeat things. Masks can muffle words, and plexiglass barriers add another layer of complexity.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com
Thank you very much for your cooperation.
Bridgeport History Center staff