Bibliography and Sources: Poli and Majestic Theaters
Poli and Majestic Theaters
- The Story of Bridgeport, by Elsie Nicholas Danenberg; illustrations by Jesse Benton. Bridgeport, Conn.: Bridgeport Centennial, Inc., 1936
- Bridgeport: a Pictorial History, by David W. Palmquist; design by Jamie Backus Raynor. Norfolk, VA: Donning, 1981; 1985
- Only in Bridgeport: an illustrated history of the Park City / Lennie Grimaldi ; picture research by Neil S. Swanson ; “Partners in progress” by Sharon L. Cohen. 1st ed. Northridge, CA: Windsor Publications, various editions: ill. (some col.), ports.; 29 cm.
Notes: “Produced in cooperation with the Business/Industry Council of Fairfield County.”–Prelim. p. 2. Includes index. Bibliography: p. 299. [HC974.691 B85g]
- Bridgeport at Work, by Mary K. Witkowski. Charleston, S.C.: Arcadia Publishing, 2002.
- Bridgeport, by Andrew Pehanick. Charleston, S.C.: Arcadia Publishing, 2005.
128 p. : ill. ; 24 cm. Postcard history series. The golden age of postcards, which took place between 1900 and 1940, was also the golden age of Bridgeport. Local and national publishers printed scenes of the city’s beautiful and renowned parks, magnificent mansions, palatial theaters, and sprawling factories, as well as its busy streets and unique architecture. [HC974.691 B85peh]
- Newspaper Clippings, Bridgeport History Center, subject: “THEATERS”
- Vertical File, Bridgeport History Center, subject: “THEATERS”
- Photograph Collection, Bridgeport History Center
- Postcard collection, Bridgeport History Center