Bibliography: Tom Thumb /Charles Stratton
- “Have you seen Tom Thumb?”, by Mabel Leigh Hunt. Illustrated by Fritz Eichenberg. Philadelphia, New York: Frederick A. Stokes Company, 1942. 259 p. incl. front. (port.) illus. 21 cm.
Notes: A biography of the midget entertainer who was a favorite attraction of the P.T. Barnum circus. Facsimiles on lining-papers. “Sources found most useful”: p. 13.[HCB S9113h]
- Barnum presents General Tom Thumb, by Alice Curtis Desmond. New York: Macmillan, 1954. 236 p. illus. 22 cm.
- Barnum in London, by Raymond Fitzsimons. New York: St. Martin’s Press  179 p. plates, ports. 23 cm. Bibliography: p. 170-173.
- General Tom Thumb and his Lady, by Mertie E. Romaine. 1st ed. Taunton, Mass.: W. S. Sullwold Pub., c1976. 94 p.: ill. ; 24 cm. Bibliography: p. 94.
- The real Tom Thumb, by Helen Reeder Cross; ill. by Stephen Gammell. New York: Four Winds Press, c1980. 92 p.: ill. ; 22 cm.
- Tom Thumb: The Remarkable Life of a Man in Miniature, by George Sullivan. Boston: Clarion Books, 2010
- The Story of Bridgeport, by Elsie Nicholas Danenberg; illustrations by Jesse Benton. Bridgeport, Conn.: Bridgeport Centennial, Inc., 1936
- Bridgeport: a Pictorial History, by David W. Palmquist; design by Jamie Backus Raynor. Norfolk, VA: Donning, 1981; 1985
- A History of the Old Town of Stratford and the City of Bridgeport, Connecticut, by Rev. Samuel Orcutt; published under the auspices of the Fairfield county historical society. New Haven, CT: Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor; published under the auspices of the Fairfield County Historical Society, 1886. 2 v. (viii, 1393 p.) : ill., plates, ports., folded maps ; 26 cm.
Notes: Vol. 2 contains also histories of Huntington, Trumbull and Monroe, towns incorporated from old Stratford. Epitaphs from the various cemeteries are included.
Genealogies: v. 2, p. 1113-1358.[974.691 B85O2]