A Message from the City Librarian – Update Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
All Bridgeport Public Library locations are temporarily closed and normal services suspended until further notice.
However, our online library is always open. We have a large collection of ebooks, eaudio and streaming movies, all free to Bridgeport Library cardholders. Need a Library card? Bridgeport residents just click here.
Please continue to check the Library website for updated information and ways to access resources.
- Library cards with fines will be unblocked so everyone can access our materials from home.
- All library materials currently checked out will be automatically renewed through Thursday, April 30. If necessary, we will extend this date.
- Please feel free to keep materials during this time. If you have materials you would like to return, please use our book drops at any location 24/7. We will be checking these periodically.
- No holds are being fulfilled at this time.
For trusted sources on COVID-19, please see the following:
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019
- CT State Dept of Public Health Coronavirus 2019
What You Can Do to Keep Yourself and Your Community Healthy
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Discard used tissues immediately.
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use hand sanitizer that is 60-90% alcohol-based.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing. Try to keep an optimal six-foot distance from other people.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well or experiencing flu-like symptoms. Contact your doctor or call 211.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time.
If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Elaine Braithwaite, Bridgeport Public Library email@example.com