- ANSI and ASTM and Military Standards and Regulations
- US Small Business Association (SBA)
- Credit Reports: Free Credit Reports
The Internet is only one source of job information. Please check with a librarian for listings of local jobs or those in a wider variety of occupations.
|Online Applications||Local Classifieds||Connecticut Resources|
|Nationwide Sources||Career Information|
American Eagle Outfitters
Bank of America
Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy
Metro North Railroad
People’s United Bank
St. Vincent’s Medical Center
Stop & Shop
TJ Maxx, Marshalls
United States Postal Service, NEW
Yum! Brands (KFC,Taco Bell,Pizza Hut)
- Connecticut Jobs
- Jobs in Connecticut
- Fairfield County Jobs
- New Haven County Jobs
- Connecticut’s Job Bank
- Connecticut Department of Labor
- Connecticut State Job Examination Announcements
Employment and Training Resources in the Bridgeport Area
- Bridgeport Area Employment Agencies (Permanent and Temporary)
- Connecticut Bureau of Rehabilitation Services
The mission of the Connecticut Bureau of Rehabilitation Services to create opportunities that allow individuals with disabilities to live and work independently.
- Connecticut Job Corps Center
Job Corps is the nation’s largest residential employment and educational training program for economically disadvantaged youth ages 16 to 24.
- Connecticut Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
SCSEP offers employment and training opportunities to interested older persons wishing to remain in the work force.
- Family Services Woodfield (FSW)
Family Services Woodfield (FSW) is a health and human services agency that has been active in the Bridgeport area for over 150 years. FSW’s mission is to help create a healthy society built on strong families and communities. FSW programs address a full spectrum of social issues including the Empowering People for Success welfare-to-work program.
- Goodwill Industries of Western Connecticut
Goodwill Industries of Western Connecticut offers a full range of vocational and support services to people with disabilities and others facing challenges to employment and community living. Goodwill Industries of Western Connecticut provides a flexible menu of services designed to meet a wide variety of individual needs.
- Hall Neighborhood House – Transition Center for Working Families
The Transition Center for Working Families opened in 1997. The Center’s purpose is to serve the needs of working families in the community.
- Southwestern CTWorks
Southwestern CTWorks Centers are located in Ansonia, Bridgeport and Stamford. Southwestern CTWorks offers a wide variety of FREE services and training for unemployed and underemployed jobseekers looking for better careers.
- Connecticut Employment Law
Self-Help Materials from the Connecticut Judicial Branch Law Libraries
- America’s Job Bank
- Career Builder
Post resume or browse jobs
More Federal Jobs
Search by category, post and edit your resume. Even has a relocation center
- Indeed.com Search job sites, newspapers, associations and company career pages.
Basic no-frills job source. Easy to navigate.
A meta-list of on-line job-search resources and services from Stanford University. Look here for CLASSIFIED ADS and resume banks.
Salary Surveys broken down by profession
National job board
- Snagajob.com The #1 Source for Hourly Employment
- USA Jobs
- Try using Google to find likely combinations of words. For example a chemist looking for a job might try, “+CHEMIST +EMPLOYMENT” or “+CHEMISTRY +JOBS” as search terms.
- America’s Career InfoNet
- Employment Projections
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
O*NET describes the qualifications for different careers.
- Salary Surveys
From the Wall Street Journal. Find out what you’re worth!
Information on Salaries
- What Color Is Your Parachute: Job Hunting Online.
From the same folks who brought you the book by the same title. This site contains interactive tests for job seekers, and information about employment search strategies.