Volunteer Opportunities at the BPL
What is the Volunteer Program?
Our Volunteer Services Program seeks to help support the BPL and the staff in raising awareness of library services in the community and assists the Friends of the BPL with their literacy outreach initiatives including preparing for the weekly Book Sale. Our commitment is to match your skills and interests to the projects which suit your schedule and availability.
Our Volunteers dedicate their many talents along with hundreds of hours of their own time helping us to serve the City of Bridgeport.
Why Should I Volunteer?
- Make important contributions to library services in the community.
- The opportunity to share your interests and abilities with your community.
- Learn about the Bridgeport Public Library and its collections.
- Gain work experience and skills.
- You will help to promote education and enrichment to the citizens of Bridgeport
Currently Available Volunteer Opportunities:
- Book Sale Helper (more info)
- Book Sale Lead (more info)
- Computer Coach (more info)
- Computer Guru (more info)
How do I volunteer?
Simply click on Volunteer Appliction below:
Or you may contact our Volunteer Services Coordinator, Julio R. at 203 576-8355 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also invite you to come into our office – located at the Main Branch – to submit a volunteer application or you may choose to apply online now!
· Submit Requests for Service Days
· Schedule Group Volunteer Opportunities